From the arrival on 29th January, 1836, of 5 sisters; Pauline Lefevre, Sr. Onesime, Superioress; Adelaide Delorme, Sr. Scholastique; Antoinette Beurier, Sr. Pelagie; Marguerite de Wint, Sr. Louis de Gonzague; Marie Josephine Remi, Sr. Theotiste and Civilise Jacqumel, Sr. Gabrielle; the Congregation of Sisters of Saint Joseph of Cluny has made an immeasurable contribution to the educational community and to society in general in Trinidad & Tobago.
Since Blessed Anne Marie founded her Congregation in Cluny, Burgundy under the patronage of St. Joseph in 1807, the primary aim of the order has been to care for orphans and educate children. Grounded in their tradition and faith, they have offered thousands of girls in this country, an education which enriched character and inspired a lifelong passion for learning and personal excellence, while providing them with the skills, knowledge and values necessary to become confident, passionate young women, eager to play leading roles in shaping our country and the world.
On Thursday, 22nd September, 2016, in recognition of their efforts, the Mayor of Port of Spain, Keron Valentine recognised this, and bestowed Sister Annetta Alexander, Provincial Superior of the order with the Keys of the City of Port of Spain. (Click below to read the full text of his address.)
The ceremony which was held in the school’s chapel, was attended by Minister of Education, the Honourable Anthony Garcia, and Fathe Clyde Harvey represented the Archbishop of Trinidad and Tobago, Father Joseph Everard Harris. Also in attendance were our immediate past principals, Mrs. Elizabeth Crouch and Mrs. Jennifer Annandsingh.